A reinforced concrete slab at least 15 cm thick is a tried and tested foundation solution. This type of foundation provides an even, dry surface on which to secure our CasaNova Outbuilding against stormy weather. Screws and plastic dowels are supplied as standard equipment.
Go to the concrete foundation plans
The most important work steps
- The soil is dug out to a depth of approx. 60 – 80 cm (frost-proof).
- The subsurface comprises a compacted gravel bed of approx. 60–80 cm (grain size up to 35 mm)
- Lay levelling fill of approx. 3–5 cm (grain size up to 6 mm)
- Lay a plastic membrane (no bigger than the concrete foundation, at least 150 µm thick)
- Install concrete foundation (reinforced with 1– 2 layers of structural steel grid, 10–15 cm thick)
- Seal the floor profile from below (in the outer area of the floor profile between the foundation and the floor profile) with a metal-compatible construction sealant (we recommend a permanently elastic butyl sealant - prevents water penetration).
- If the floor is to be insulated, it is advisable to use the floor frame. With additional XPS hard foam boards (approx. 2-3 cm thick), you can create a floor structure with integrated insulation of 4 cm.